Tuesday, November 14, 2006

This is Me

I never thought I'd actually be part of this blogging fever.

You see, I'm not very technology-friendly. I was the last in our group who learned the wonders of e-mail. I cannot even share photos on the net by myself. And my husband created my Friendster account.

But that's why I signed up for this Exploring New Media course.

My name is Marie Antonette T. Pacheco. Marieton or Ton for short. I am a Sr. Reporter and a news anchor for ABS-CBN, one of the biggest TV networks in the Philippines. I have been in media for the past seven years. But I've always wanted to cover and do the news for as long as I can remember.

I love working long hours. My day starts at 6am as I prepare myself for Mornings@anc, a two and a half hour news magazine program on our network's cable channel. Then I'm off to my regular beat as reporter, the Justice Department and the Supreme Court. I cover hearings, press conferences, 10-hour oral arguments and twisted lawyers. And I try to make sense of them in the stories I produce. My normal day ends at about 9pm.

I was also assigned to cover former President Erap's plunder trial at the Sandiganbayan. And I've done my share of general assignment stories as well. Rallies, election coverages, politicians' bickering, typhoons, attempted kudetas...there's really nothing like covering news.

But it's not all work for me because I come home to three people who keep me sane. My husband, Cisco, and our two kids, Anton and Javier.

Other things about me: I'm a frustrated singer. I'm learning how to cook (after 7 years of being married!), I take time out for scrapbooks and I'm a scuba diver.

4 comments:

ismid said...

its good that your blogging. it protects you from fictional stories presented as blogs. well, you and every other personality who has to protect their image. i used to work for channel 2 too. keep blogging.

Anabasis512 said...

I find your comment on lawyers funny but not without a bit of trepidation though I assume it was a joke.Well, Here is one I recall, I'm not not so sure but it goes something like this:What is the difference between a lawyer and a catfish;One is a mud dwelling, dirt eating,foul,slimy creature.The other one is a fish.I'm not sure the all lawyers you cover will enjoy that joke but some will. Especially those with a "twisted" sense of humor.

Anabasis512 said...

Good luck to your cooking and...ehem...singing.As to three "boys" who keep you "sane", I wish them all well and hope they all enjoy your cooking... And singing.

Anonymous said...

hi ms. marieton pacheco just wanna say hello its so nice to read some of your post here! can i ask you something? are you still single? coz you don't like your already married just asking! anyway i always watch you on your news @ abs i can't help but to admire you so much! your so cool and pretty stay beautiful inside and out more power! keep it up!!!